Puma solar phone
|Bookmark Article||Post Comment|
Mail your friend
|Your friend's name:|
|Your friend's email:|
Puma solar phone
The fun actually begins when the Puma sports phone is activated. The remarkable start screen is unique and the user interface is very pleasing to the eye and moreover very well laid-out. According to a Puma employee, this solar sports phone was developed for about 1.5 years. And that may seem like a long time, but it is not so easy to achieve a unique experience with a piece of mobile electronics, especially not for a concern with little to no experience in the mobile communications world.
Puma phone features
• Integrated solar cell, with charge indicator
• Touchscreen : 2.8" sreen with 240x320 QVGA resolution and TFT wide angle
• Camera : 3.2 megapixel with LED flash and x6 zoom; Bluetooth photo sharing
• Video : VGA camera; full screen video playback / video recording & streaming
• Music : wide range of music formats with playlist support and FM radio• Localisation : GPS, compass, geotagging, routing and mapping
Sagem Puma solar phone
A must for Puma was the large solar energy cell on the back of the Puma phone. A solar-powered Puma handset seems to be part of the same philosophy that Puma has for its own products. Additionally, the Puma phone will be suited to a certain lifestyle. The menu of the Puma phone handily includes, for example, a sports display including special pictograms. Also there is a so-called Lifestyle display with diverse applications included.
Puma music player
Another mission that Puma AG has by producing this phone is to raise user awareness that solar power can actually be transformed into talk-time or playback time in the music mode. The display also shows you a message stating that you now have 'x amount of minutes that were rendered by the sun' thanks to solar power.
PUMA mobile phone features
• Sports : pedometer, GPS tracker and stopwatch
• Internet : Open internet browsing, with WAP Push
• Messaging : Mobile email client and web mail notification; instant messaging
• HSPA and W-CDMA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM connectivity; Bluetooth; USB 2.0
• Talk time up to 5 hours with 350 hours stand-by time
• Video call time : 140 min. music player time : 24 hours, video time : 5 hour
• Tablet form factor : 115g weight and dimensions of 102mm x 56mm x 13mm
Puma solar cell phone
And just to get an idea about how much solar power actually renders: recharging for an hour in full sunlight delivers about 2 hours of MP3 playback time, 17 minutes of talk-time and sending 35 text messages. The remaining functions available in the Puma phone offer several types of surprising graphic displays, or at least a unique user experience. The turntable as pictogram on the Lifestyle display is very cool. The user can also scratch, and this is another example of the total experience that Puma is aiming for.
Puma World Portal
The most important piece of the Puma smartphone is the symbol in the shape of a heart. If you push it, this symbol gives access to the so-called Puma World Portal. This portal offers immediate access to all kinds of Puma content, but also access to different social networks. The so-called rich content is delivered from the Puma website, where different sports are shown in photos and video.
Puma Smartphone price & availability
The Puma solar phone is expected to become available from the first week of April 2010 via European providers or in the online store at the PUMA website. The expected suggested retail price for the Puma Sports phone will be about 399 Euro.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 review
- Apple iPhone 6 sample pictures
- Xbox One review
- Sony PS4 review
- Samsung Galaxy reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
- Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos
- Apple iPhone 5s test pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom review
- Samsung Galaxy Mega review
- LG G6 pre-order at Spint
- Huawei P9
- Nokia 215 Dual SIM phone
- Nokia 130 mobile phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone features
- Kyocera Kona flip phone