|Bookmark Article||Post Comment|
Mail your friend
|Your friend's name:|
|Your friend's email:|
Motorola Droid first Android 2 smartphone
"We're proud to work with Verizon Wireless and Google on the first smartphone to feature Android 2.0," said Sanjay Jha, co-chief executive officer of Motorola and chief executive officer of Motorola Mobile Devices. "Motorola Droid smartphone delivers a rich consumer experience with warp-speed Web browsing, a mammoth screen, and Motorola's expertise in design and voice quality. Combined with Android's open, flexible graphical user interface and the power of Verizon Wireless' 3G network, Motorola Droid is a smartphone that simply doesn't compromise."
Verizon Wireless Droid handset
"This is an exciting announcement for Verizon Wireless, as the Motorola Droid is the first mobile handset that we are bringing to market under our ground-breaking strategic partnership with Google," said John Stratton, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. "Motorola Droid gives customers a lifestyle device with access to more than 12,000 applications that will help them stay in touch, up to date and entertained, using the best 3G network in the country."
Motorola Droid mobile phone design
The Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid mobile phone has a solid exterior, intelligent interior and is one of the thinnest full-Qwerty slider phones available. It is a no-fuss, high-tech, location-aware, voice-recognizing, over-the-air updating, multi-tasking machine - and it is available just in time for holiday wish lists.
Motorola Droid phone features
• Zip through the Web : Access the Internet at 3G speeds via the nation's largest and most reliable 3G network or from any Wi-Fi hotspot. The multi-window HTML browser with a massive processor delivers the Web the way you expect.
• See it all in cinema-style : View the Web, e-mail, Google Maps, videos and more in widescreen on a brilliant 3.7" high-resolution screen. Boasting a width of 854 pixels to reduce the need for side-to-side panning and more than 400,000 pixels total, Droid has more than twice that of the leading competitor.
• Run multiple applications at once : Customize your Motorola Droid smartphone with thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets available on Google Android Market. Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a time to juggle the universe and your apps.
• Perform Google Search at the speed of sound : Simply tell Droid what you're looking for using voice-activated search, and it will serve up Google search results based on your location. If you want more, simply type what you're looking for into the search bar on the home screen and the Motorola Droid handset will also search content on your phone, such as apps and contacts, and the Web.
• Capture moments : Snap digital camera-quality photos with a 5 megapixel digital camera loaded with the works, such as a dual-LED flash, AutoFocus and image stabilization, or capture your friend's antics in 16 million colors with DVD-quality video capture and playback. Store it all on the included 16 GB memory card, so you always have it on hand.
• Multi-task like a master : Keep tabs on all your messages with integrated Gmail and Exchange e-mail pushed directly to you, but don't let them get in your way. With the handy Android notification panel, go straight to the message or simply ignore it, and get back to the task at hand. And, a smart dictionary learns as you type and automatically includes your contacts.
• Get where you need to go with Google Maps Navigation (Beta) :Droid is the first device with Google Maps Navigation, providing turn-by-turn voice guidance as afree feature of Google Maps. It's powered by Google and connected to the Internet. Use voice shortcuts and simply say "Navigate to [your destination]," and you'll be on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device.
Pre-loaded Google mobile services on the Motorola Droid smartphone
• Google Maps : With layers in Google Maps, view geographic information, such as My Maps, Wikipedia, and transit lines, right on the map.
• Gmail : Multiple email accounts support and undo for common operations.
• YouTube : One-touch recording and playback from homescreen widget or app, one-touch sharing with friends, and the ability to view your own uploaded videos and high-resolution videos.
• Google Talk : Easily switch between chats, search your chat history, and preview pictures and videos sent by links.
• Android Market : Download applications created by third-party developers.
• Calendar :Ability to see who has R.S.V.P.'d to your meeting invitations.
• Facebook : Syncs Facebook contacts to your address book, and a live widget gives the ability to update status and view latest updates from friends.
• Amazon MP3 Store : Download the latest tracks over the air.
• Verizon Wireless Visual Voice Mail : Delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions.
Verizon Wireless Motorola Droid Price & Availability
Motorola Droid will be available in the United States exclusively at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online on Friday, Nov. 6, for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement after a $100 mail-in rebate. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Xbox One review
- Sony PS4 review
- Samsung Galaxy reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
- Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos
- Apple iPhone 5s test pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom review
- Samsung Galaxy Mega review
- HTC One review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 review
- Kyocera Kona flip phone
- Nokia 515 mobile phone
- Nokia 108 Dual SIM phone
- New Nokia 207 and 208 phones
- Affordable Nokia Asha 501 smartphone
- Nokia Asha 210 mobile phone