Tween phone usage
|Bookmark Article||Post Comment|
Mail your friend
|Your friend's name:|
|Your friend's email:|
Tween phone usage report
- 35% of tweens own a mobile phone.
- 20% of tweens have used text messaging.
- 21% of tweens have used ring & answer tones.
Tween mobile internet users
According to Nielsen, 5% of tweens access the Internet over their phone each month. While 41% of tween mobile Internet users say they do so while commuting or traveling (to school, for example), mobile content such as the Internet is also a social medium for this audience: 26% of tween mobile Internet users say they access the web while at a friend's house and 17% say they do so at social events. Young mobile users are also turning to their phones for in-home entertainment:
- 58% of tweens who watch TV on their phone do so at home;
- 64% of tweens who play music on their phone do so at home;
- 56% of tweens who access the Internet on their phone do so at home.
"Tweens use their mobile phones, and media in general, in very unique and important ways," said Jeff Herrmann, VP of Mobile Media for Nielsen Mobile. "Marketers and media executives need to understand these 'digital natives' as they mature and reshape the way we all think about new and traditional media." Regarding cross media behavior of tweens, Nielsen reports that tweens spend less time surfing the Internet than their teen counterparts. In this report, 48% of U.S. tweens said they spend less than one hour per day online. When they are online, 70% of tweens use the Internet for gaming. Comparatively, 81% of US teens say they spend one hour or more per day online, with e-mail being the most pervasive online activity for this age group.
Tween mobile phone usage - Report
"In addition to the differences between adult and youth media consumers, there's an important gap between the media behaviors of teens and tweens," said Herrmann. "This report, which includes insights from more than 5,500 teens and tweens, dissects how these demographic segments are engaging with mobile and traditional media."
- Sony PS4 review
- Samsung Galaxy reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
- Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos
- Apple iPhone 5s test pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom review
- Samsung Galaxy Mega review
- HTC One review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 review
- LG Optimus G review
- Mobile shopping sales records on Black Friday
- Samsung Galaxy S4 sales record
- 5G network technology by Samsung
- Galaxy S4 wins TCO certification
- i Phone 5 sales figures reported
- Miri Ben Ari ambassador for Harman Kardon