Camera phone modules
|Bookmark Article||Post Comment|
Mail your friend
|Your friend's name:|
|Your friend's email:|
Compact camera phone modules with Dynastron image sensor technology
"Mobile phone and laptop computer OEMs are increasingly concerned with implementing their new product designs in smaller and smaller form factors. This is being done to meet end user demand for sleeker, more compact mobile devices," said Andrew Burt, vice president of the Imaging and Communications Marketing Group in the ASSP Business Unit at TAEC. "Our new line of digital camera modules incorporates Toshiba's latest manufacturing innovation, CSCM, and our industry-leading Dynastron image sensor technology to help our customers incorporate digital camera functionality into their next-generation cell phones and notebooks without having to make any compromises in regards to size or performance."
Toshiba camera phone modules
This delivers an approximate 64 percent reduction in module size in comparison to other modules using the same sensor, a significant benefit for camera phones and laptop computers with challenging design footprint requirements. In addition to allowing camera module components to be integrated in the wafer, Toshiba's TCV technology uses a chip structure with built-in pass through electrodes and solder balls on the rear of the wafer. Accordingly, CSCM camera modules have tighter pixel pitch leads and require no wire bonding space, yielding a smaller overall module size.
Toshiba compact camera modules Price & Availability
Mass production for the TCM9200MD , TCM9100MD and TCM9000MD camera modules is planned for January, February and June 2008 respectively. The evaluation price in 1,000 unit quantities for the TCM9200MD is $50 each, $40 each for the TCM9100MD and $30 each for the TCM9000MD.
Toshiba compact camera modules Features
- Toshiba TCM9200MD: 2 megapixel (UXGA
- Toshiba TCM9100MD: 1.3 megapixel (SXGA)
- Toshiba TCM90 00 MD: 0.3 megapixel (VGA)
- Toshiba TCM9200MD: 6.3mm (L) × 6.4mm (W) × 4.6mm(H)
- Toshiba TCM9100MD: 5.8mm (L) × 6.0mm (W ) × 4.2mm(H)
- Toshiba TCM9000MD: 4.0 mm (L) x 4.0mm (W) x 2.5mm (H)
- Toshiba TCM9200MD: 15 frames/sec. (UXGA output), 30 frames/sec.
- Toshiba TCM9100MD: 15 frames/sec. (SXGA output), 30 frames/sec.
- Toshiba TCM9000MD: 30 frames/sec (VGA out put only)
- Toshiba YUV422/RGB565/RGB444/RAW output signal
- Auto white balance, auto luminance control and blemish correction
- 8-bit parallel output format
- I2C interface
- Samsung Galaxy S8 review
- Apple iPhone 6 sample pictures
- Xbox One review
- Sony PS4 review
- Samsung Galaxy reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
- Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos
- Apple iPhone 5s test pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom review
- Samsung Galaxy Mega review
- Leica camera lens
- OmniVision CameraCube
- CMOS sensor developments
- 12MP Camera sensor
- 5 Megapixel sensor for camera phones
- New cell phone camera chip announced