|Bookmark Article||Post Comment|
Mail your friend
|Your friend's name:|
|Your friend's email:|
Palm Foleo mobile companion
The new Palm Foleo is the first computer designed to be a companion to a smartphone. With the press of one button, the mobile companion's large screen displays wireless email from a smartphone paired via Bluetooth technology. A full-size keyboard makes editing email and attachments quick and easy, and the built-in web browser provides reliable wireless Internet access. With Foleo's instant on/off capability, light and small size, and 5-hour battery life, Palm expects the mobile companion to establish a new category of personal-computing products.
Foleo mobile companion - Opera browser
Opera for the Palm Foleo provides the latest in mobile technologies, as it is the first deployment of Opera 9 to a portable device. Opera users of any device are able to visit the same web addresses they already know from browsing the web on a PC. Using their smartphone's radio or the Foleo's built-in Wi-Fi radio, Foleo customers can open Opera and immediately begin to browse favorite websites with stylized controls. "Opera is delighted to work with Palm to enable a great browsing experience on their new category-defining product, the Palm Foleo mobile companion," said Scott Hedrick, executive vice president of marketing for Opera Software. "The fact that Palm was able to integrate Opera and give it their look and feel in only a few short months demonstrates the value and flexibility of the Opera SDK."
Opera browser - User friendly web brower
By building the Foleo on an open Linux-based platform and publishing the tools developers might need, Palm hopes to establish a vibrant developer community to create new applications that extend the mobile companion's built-in capabilities. Opera demonstrates the ease with which exciting technology and applications can be ported to the Foleo mobile companion. "Incorporating Opera into Foleo allows us to deliver a user-friendly web-browsing experience," said Mark Bercow, senior vice president of business development for Palm, Inc. "With web browsing in mind as an important application, we also built in dedicated buttons beneath the keyboard for forward and back. Those buttons, plus the addition of the scroll wheel, make navigating the web using the Opera browser pleasant and easy to do."
Opera for Palm Foleo mobile companion - Features
- Web-address input auto-completion - reduces input time with an index of address completions;
- Download manager - allows users to view download progress and access their downloads from one simple transfer manager window;
- Pop-up blocker - users can control whether to block all pop-ups or open only those that they request; and
- Bookmarks and history - allow quick access to favorites and recently viewed sites.
- Apple iPhone 6 sample pictures
- Xbox One review
- Sony PS4 review
- Samsung Galaxy reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
- Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos
- Apple iPhone 5s test pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom review
- Samsung Galaxy Mega review
- HTC One review
- Huawei P9 smartphone photography features
- LG G5
- Samsung Gear 360 camera
- HTC 4K multimedia smartphone
- Huawei Mate S photography features
- LG Knock included into new smartphones