|Bookmark Article||Post Comment|
Mail your friend
|Your friend's name:|
|Your friend's email:|
AMD Imageon 2192 media processor
The AMD Imageon 2192 media processor enables similar feature-rich devices for mainstream consumers. "As mobile broadband networks continue to increase capacity and improve quality, the consumer appetite for sophisticated multimedia on the go is growing exponentially," said Paul Dal Santo, vice president and general manager of AMD's Handheld Business. "We are bringing to fruition our vision of helping global OEMs and network operators truly delight their customers with incredibly realistic, immersive media-rich experiences."
Mobile 2.5G & 3G networks
"Trends such as mass adoption of video sharing sites like YouTube, and the popularity of the phone as a personal camera, demonstrate that today's consumers value the ability to access and create digital media anywhere," said Michelle Abraham, Principal Analyst with In-Stat. "Network operators can take steps toward recouping the massive investments they have made in mobile 2.5G and 3G networks by offering consumers value-added services that leverage the additional bandwidth, such as video streaming, video telephony and mobile TV."
AMD Imageon media processors - Features
AMD Imageon 2298, 2294 and 2192 media processors are expected to usher in a new standard of mobile multimedia with DVD-quality video, image stabilization, high-resolution imaging, crystal clear audio and color-rich TV output display. Furthermore, consumers can enjoy multiple features simultaneously, such as listening to music while viewing photos. Specific features of the latest AMD Imageon media processors include:
- Ultra-Fast, High-Resolution image processing supports up to 12 Mpixel
- DVD-Quality Video Playback and Recording with Stabilization for a high-quality, camcorder-like experience
- High-Definition Audio turns the phone into a portable music player
- TV Output allows viewing of videos and photos on any TV or projector
- Mobile TV capability for watching digital TV programs on the go
- Video Telephony with echo cancellation and image stabilization
- Video Transcoding converts to various video formats and adjusts frame rate for over-the-air video messaging
- Error Resiliency compensates for transmission errors to help provide seamless over-the-air video quality.
AMD Imageon media processors
Thanks to the flexible device design enabled by AMD Imageon media processors, manufacturers can quickly upgrade to the latest multimedia technology because the media processor is separate from baseband (RF) functions. This architecture not only enables faster time to market, it also helps reduce power consumption for longer device battery life, as well as reducing design costs and eliminating unnecessary requalification of the baseband with each feature upgrade, thereby saving time and money for manufacturers.
AMD powers new multimedia devices - 3D capabilities
The AMD Imageon 2298, 2294 and 2192 media processors will join AMD's already robust lineup of media processors. More than 200 million AMD Imageon media processors have been shipped to mobile device manufacturers since 2003. AMD has been at the forefront of the integration of compelling multimedia features in discrete media processors, and was the first to introduce hardware for 3D capabilities on the mobile phone.
AMD Imageon media processors - Availability
The industry-leading AMD Imageon media processor family continues to gain momentum, and in the fourth quarter of 2006 alone more than ten new AMD-powered mobile phones and 3G smartphones were introduced by leading OEMs and network operators including AT&T, Chungwa Telecom, HTC, Motorola, O2, and Vodafone. AMD Imageon 2298, 2294 and 2192 media processors are now available to handheld manufacturers. Mobile devices based on these new processors are expected to start shipping from OEMs worldwide by early next year.
About the AMD Imageon Family
AMD Imageon media processors support a variety of multimedia functions, including mobile TV, video, photography, video telephony, music and 3D graphics processing. With the acquisition of ATI Technologies in 2006, AMD is the leader in the design and manufacture of discrete media processors for mobile devices, with more than 50 AMD-powered handheld models available in the market from leading manufacturers including BenQ-Siemens, HTC, LG, Motorola and Samsung, among others.
Advanced Micro Devices is a leading global provider of innovative processing solutions in the computing, graphics and consumer electronics markets. AMD is dedicated to driving open innovation, choice and industry growth by delivering superior customer-centric solutions that empower consumers and businesses worldwide.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 review
- Apple iPhone 6 sample pictures
- Xbox One review
- Sony PS4 review
- Samsung Galaxy reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
- Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos
- Apple iPhone 5s test pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom review
- Samsung Galaxy Mega review
- Nokia smart devices powered by Zeiss optics
- KPN Netherlands named best mobile operator
- Turkcell 5G network speed test
- Internet of Things in the Netherlands
- Thermal Spa and Roulette: Kurhaus Wiesbaden
- Having fun on the go in the smartphone era