|Bookmark Article||Post Comment|
Mail your friend
|Your friend's name:|
|Your friend's email:|
Palm OS - Microsoft direct push technology
"Extending Microsoft's Direct Push Technology to the Palm OS based line of Treo smartphones gives business customers a powerful new choice for wireless email, security and manageability," said Joe Fabris, director of wireless solutions, at Palm, Inc. "This combination delivers the benefits of business-class email without the cost of additional infrastructure required by other middleware-based solutions, ensuring a fast return on investment as well as a great end-user experience." Deploying wireless email continues to be a key initiative for companies around the world. By 2008, research firm Radicati Group estimates that nearly 90 percent of professionals will carry mobile devices capable of receiving email, and Gartner predicts that 50 percent of organizations with an Exchange Server in place will use its native support for mobile push email.
Palm Treo 680 & Treo 700p - Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync update
Also according to Gartner, Microsoft Exchange Server makes up more than 60 percent of the enterprise email server market. As such, there is a tremendous opportunity for companies to adopt Direct Push Technology and empower their mobile workforces with wireless email. In addition to providing a powerful email solution, the Exchange ActiveSync Update for Palm OS devices offers the following benefits:
- Adds Direct Push Technology - Direct Push Technology gives users connected to an Exchange Server fast, automatic wireless updates of email, calendar and contact information (Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007).
- Extends existing software and infrastructure - Wireless email using Direct Push Technology reduces the need for third-party software and infrastructure, thereby reducing cost, maintenance requirements and staffing needs. Companies now can use their existing infrastructures and servers to deliver Exchange Server information wirelessly simply by adding Treo smartphones.
- Offers security and central management - Security features for IT administrators include over-the-air password policy enforcement and remote wipe for lost or stolen devices. Users also have the benefit of accessing their company's Global Address List (GAL) over-the-air, providing them with quick access to colleagues' contact information.
- Installs easily - The update can be downloaded over-the-air for Treo 700p and Treo 680 customers, making it very easy for IT to deploy.
Palm Treo 680 and Treo 700p smartphones - Availability
"Mobile users are increasingly demanding fast, automatic updates to email, calendar, and contacts. IT departments struggle to offer this productivity-enhancing capability to an ever-increasing number of workers in a cost-effective and secure manner," said Jeff Ressler, director of product management for Microsoft Exchange Server. "The addition of Direct Push Technology will help Palm's customers meet these growing user needs securely and cost-effectively by leveraging their existing, highly scalable Exchange Server infrastructure." Exchange ActiveSync Update for Palm OS for the Treo 680 and Treo 700p complements Palm's Windows Mobile based Treo products - the Treo 700w, Treo 700wx, and the recently announced Treo 750 - which also offer the benefits noted above. Now businesses that run a mixture of Windows Mobile and Palm OS Treo smartphones can deliver the same Direct Push Technology experience to their users around the world. The Exchange ActiveSync Update for Palm OS will be available Monday as a download at the Palm web site.
- Xbox One review
- Sony PS4 review
- Samsung Galaxy reviews
- Samsung Galaxy S4 mini review
- Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos
- Apple iPhone 5s test pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom review
- Samsung Galaxy Mega review
- HTC One review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 review
- Mobile shopping sales records on Black Friday
- Apple iPhone 5s and 5c sales record
- Samsung Galaxy S4 sales record
- 5G network technology by Samsung
- Galaxy S4 wins TCO certification
- i Phone 5 sales figures reported